Thursday, March 22, 2012

Home alone

Not really home though. On the other hand, I feel so comfortable there…
I came to work at about 11 as I usually do for the 12:45 news. Ran to the editors’ room. “All about France, it’s just France today” – he told me, and I set to work. The terrorist is possibly dead, he doesn’t respond, the police want to have the criminal alive… I was updating and updating the news piece, when suddenly the phone rang.
- “Do you know we have an exam at 12?” – my friend asked.
- “WHAT??? O__O” – I was like this. I was ok with the exam being as planned at 18:40, but not before, I had to monitor the news story.
Eventually the friend arranged everything and I’ll talk to the teacher tomorrow. Thanks God she’s one of the coolest ones I’ve known, and the subject is called “Foreign Affairs Journalism” – just as what I do at work. :)
The security workers of the channel probably consider me weird.
Once in 2 days I run downstairs without my coat, holding the wallet and meeting some women. I give them money and they pass me small mysterious bags. Here’s what I got today:
Some friends already know what’s inside. It’s an exclusion, hopefully – because it might care about me. ;) The sachet also contained the author’s business card. She has a lot of other awesome jewelry items. Please kill the shopping addict in me. =)

Finally, a closeup of my newest ring. I couldn’t resist buying it, it’s a bee! Will it care about me? We’ll see. Concerning the statements I’ve heard from some people – no I’m not quitting gothic style. Who said a bee can’t be goth? ^__^

Having received the ring I ran upstairs with a huge smile and went on working. And then I realized it – I’m alone in the foreign affairs news department!!! Felt like something kids probably have when they excitedly realize they’re home alone. I enjoyed being perceived as a full-time journalist, not just an intern, but at the same time understood I have no right to fail. What is more, this added up to my being sure the exam I missed isn’t as important as work. :) )
About 20 minutes before the evening news. I already know the terrorist is dead. The newsreader already has my text in her script. And then I read that the bastard died of a headshot, not because of falling out of a window! Running to the editor, telling him we have an update, adding it to the script… Did it in time. =)
A short news item about a Czech iOS app to detect counterfeit money for the morning news, and another awesome happening. Meeting my friend Lena with whom we haven’t seen each other for about 2 years!!! <3 We met at a Fleur concert a few years ago and made friends shortly after that. =)
The day hasn’t been spent in vain. *___*

2 comments:

  1. bees are goth. black with golden accessoires! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The security workers of the channel probably consider me weird.
    Once in 2 days I run downstairs without my coat, holding the wallet and meeting some women. I give them money and they pass me small mysterious bags."

    I choked on my drink while reading this. I would think I would have been suspicious of you too if I were the security workers.

    ReplyDelete